Sunday, March 23, 2008

Having been banned from speaking to the media till further notice by the team's manager, Ronalidinho refused to comment on the latest defeat of his team. He simply shook his head and was about to walk away. But instead, he told this reporter,

"I cant resist giving my comments. This, despite the Board of Directors threats to ban me for the next three matches should i go against the ban from speaking to the media. I know they wun go to such extent. They need me."

" I know this time we couldnt point the finger at the keeper. Or the weather, which was breezy and shady by the way. Or the lack of substitutes -- we had plenty. Or the pitch, which was preety ok considering yesterday's heavy rain. If u asked me, i think it was the preety girl who made our players less focused than usual.

We knew the odds. Even Boon the bookie didnt accept Bhai the Singh bet of X-S winning!"

When asked about the rumours that a couple of X-S players had placed bets on the team conceding more than 9 goals, the winger gave a shocked face and asked "Who told you?".

When asked about X-S FC's plans for the future,he said "Ive learnt my lesson. Never tell the team's plan to the media. But looking at how players do not know who starts or who subs till the ref blows the whistle, i wun be surprised if we'll ever find out about any plans we might have. All i know is week in week out, i try to improve my game and who knows, one day i'll receive a call from Sir Alex Ferguson. But till then, i'll remain loyal and committed to this team who's like a second family to me."

No comments: